CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Too Much Food, Good Deals and a Trip to the ER!


Yes, that is right. We had to take our little Kambree to the emergency room today. As a mother, it was the most scared i have ever been. Here's what happened:
I am getting ready in my bathroom and Jared and the kids are in the living room hanging out. All of a sudden, I hear her start crying. I run into the kitchen where she is laying on the tile floor.(There was a little puddle of spilled juice by her...she had ran through it and slipped). She had started crying but hadn't taken a breath to start up again (you know how babies sometimes do that?). So my first thought is "she needs to breath!" and I was told when babies can't catch their breath, you are supposed to blow in their face so they will inhale. So, as I get to her that is my plan. Only, as Jared is picking her up off the floor, i see her eyes roll in the back of her head and her body goes limp. I panic! To see your child like that is horrifying! I am trying to say to Jared "something is wrong!" but I couldn't talk. My mind was racing but I couldn't get words to come out. Like I didn't have the breath to speak or something. Maybe I was hyperventilating...(way to be a calm mother, eh?!) My nephews had slept over with Brayden, so those 3 were staring in terror at me panicing. Brayden starts crying,Jared starts running her to the car and tells me to get the keys! I am not knowing what to do...I can't go with them, the boys are there. Jared yells "get Brayden in the car! He needs to keep her awake! She can't fall asleep" So, he in his Batman jammies and no shoes (I can't think at this point) get in the car and they take off. I am standing there crying/trying to breathe. I call Dan and he came and got his boys (glad they only live about 3 minutes away!) I grab Brayden some shoes (my brain is starting to function somewhat), and take off to the ER. Of course I get stuck behind every senior citizen in this town and am wondering if my little girl is okay!!! FINALLY i get there, run in crying, find her laying on Jared's shoulder looking totally pale but better than when she left the house. The triage nurse was in with them and tells me she is going to be okay and to calm down. She was lethargic and pale for a while, and they ruled out any major head injury. We are not sure if she got knocked out from hitting her head or from not getting oxygen when she was crying. Either way, I have never felt that horrible of a feeling in my life. Seeing your child lifeless really felt like a nightmare. It keeps re-playing in my mind and makes me sick. Fortunatley, she is okay! And all day long I have been huggin and kissin my kids like crazy! I am SO thankful that my little Kambers is okay! And I hope I don't have to feel that panic ever again!
Well, other than that, things have been just peachy! :) Thanksgiving was nice. We ate at my fam's first, then went to Jared's fams for leftovers,pie and planning out our Black Friday "hunt". We got to JCPenney's by 4am and hit lots of great sales! We did walk in Wal-Mart and walked right back out..it was INSANE! There were just hundereds of people standing there with full carts waiting to check out. We didn't want anything bad enough to stand there for what looked like hours! And I read in the paper that a Wal-Mart employee back east got trampled on and killed. Ok, I admit, I have a ball going shopping on Blck Friday, but what has Christmas come to? When people break through the doors and trample and kill another human? How terrible.
Today, after our ER experience, we came home and put our tree and decorations up. Jared went for a bike ride (which was what he was about to do when Kam fell), I got a call a couple hours later saying he wouldn't be home for a while. He came upon a guy who had crashed and broken his shoulder and took him to...yep, the ER! The same nurse was there and recognized him and said (jokingly) "would you knock it off?!"
So, I guess I can say we have had a fun, nice, crazy, scary Thanksgiving weekend. We are just so blessed that it turned out the way it did.
One more thing...we are jumping on the "private blog" bandwagon. It has been so fun getting to connect with old friends! But we have decided better to be safe! I think I have most of your e-mails, if you think I might not, leave a comment with it so I can invite you! I will be doing it in the next few days.
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! Now...are you ready for Christmas?????.....:)

12 comments:

Lindsey R said...

OMH, Poor Kambree! Just reading about it I could totally feel your pain! That is every moms worst fear!!! I hate it when things like that happen but I'm glad she is doing good now! She is such a little doll!
I can't believe Thankgiving is over, we had a good one too! A white Thanksgiving that is! We went to Alton and it was snowing! Oh, Make sure and invite me to your blog!!!!

Schimmy said...

What a weekend. I don't know if I could have held it together either. I have been blurking on your site and would love an invite.
schimbeckk@yahoo.com

Gina said...

Ok I started crying when I read what happened to Kambree. I totally understand that feeling. We had to take Mason to the ER too. With a huge hole in his head. I did a panic thing too! Which scared me because if Cory hadn't been there - I would have kept panicing (sp?) anyway I'm glad she is ok! What a day huh?? I'll let you know if we are coming. I keep waiting to hear what Cory's work schedule is!!

Sylvia said...

Sounds like you had a eventfull weekend! But I'm glad she is ok, way scary!! I'm like you I panic and my mind goes blank! I have had a few of those with each child. Anyway glad you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

Schimmy said...

Brandi, I have a question on your layout. Do you design your own layouts and headers? If so, what program are you using? Thanks

Emily said...

Bran we are so glad that Kam is okay!!! We had so much fun seeing you guys! Your kids are awesome! We can't wait to see ya'll again!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to here Kambree is okay!

Here is my email if you don't hav eit already: mikell.osburn@gmail.com

Tiff and Ryan said...

Sad about Kambree.....So glad she is okay....Love your cute blog

Melissa said...

8 COMMENTS ALREADY!! WAY TO GO! I'm so glad Kam is ok! That would have scared me to death! That is lucky Jared was around to help that guy! Black Friday was insane... and DO NOT forget to invite me to your "member's only" blog! :)

Jod Jas Curtis said...

WOW - What a scare!! I am so sorry you had to go through that, & I'm glad she is okay, poor thing. You can always call me or drop kids by if you have an emergency- gosh how scary to have to stay behind! Happy Thanksgiving went well. Your pictures are all so cute :)
Loves
Jodi *add me to your blog list*

Kim said...

Wow - scary times...sorry I wasn't home to help out. Glad she's okay.. falling on tile can definitely be scary! Hopefully you had your turn in the ER and you won't be going back anytime soon! Sounds like your shopping was fun - thank goodness for black Friday!

Lesley said...

Holy crap! That is so scary! Poor little Kambers. I would have acted the same way. I'm glad she is okay!