
1. That my little princess Kambree is okay! (Read last post). She has been loving this whole "Christmas" thing. She now points to Santa anywhere she sees one and says excitedly "Stanta! Stanta!" ..and she has developed this hearty gut laugh now that cracks me up! The other night, as we were all driving home from somewhere, we decided to drive around and look at the pretty lights. What a nice, fun, delightful family activity right?!
Here's how it went:
Me: Look at that house you guys! So pretty! I LOVE the red and white lights honey! Can we do that next year?
Brayden: Sissy, say GUTS!
Kam: GUTS! (BOTH OF THEM LAUGHTER, LAUGHTER, TEARS FROM LAUGHTER)
Jared: Bray, don't teach sissy words like that. Teach her to say Santa or Rudolph!
Bray: (let's a minute go by)...sissy, say GUTS!
Kam: GUTS! (MORE LAUGHTER, TEARS, LAUGHTER!)
ETC., ETC.
Well, at least she knows another word. I guess that's what big brothers do, right?
2. Internet. Remember when you would take the roll of film out of your hot pink camera ,stuff it in the envelope, drop it in the box and a few days later, get to see what your pictures turned out like?? HAHA! How nice is it to plug your camera into your computer and VOILA! an hour later, pick them up at Costco! I heart technology.
3. Pre-lit Christmas trees! Ok, i have been a hard-core real tree fan my whole life. But the last couple years, my trees look all beautiful on the mountain, but when we get it home and in the stand...it resembles the sad little Charlie Brown tree. Plus, needles falling everywhere, and me balancing on a barstool, by myself at night, trying to wrap/throw lights around it. I finally cracked down and the day after Christmas last year, got to Dillard's at 9am and grabbed me a 9-foot PRELIT fake tree. 75% off might I add. A $400 tree for $100! I am so proud of that purchase. And even prouder now that I actually got to take it out and put it up. AHHH...so nice to have lights already on! The thing I DO miss....the PINE SMELL! MMMmmm.... I think I will invent a fake tree with real pine smell on it...hmmm..
4. Family. Yes, it's that time of year. But also, I have so much fun with Jared's fun mom and sisters. They plan a lot of fun things and we always laugh and have a great time. I am so glad that we live close enough to do things together often. I really feel like I am one of their sisters, and I appreciate and admire all of them.
5. That I am thisclose to being DONE Christmas shopping! YAY!







5 comments:
FIRST TO POST!!!! YAY ME! What do I win?! I am glad we sucked you into the dark side with a prelit tree! LOVE 'EM! And I am going to have to hear Kambree's laugh. You did do an impression for me (and it was great!) but I gotta hear it from her! :)
Haha...told you I would post again! You didn't think I was serious did you?! I had fun last night! Thanks for the cute pages and for hooking me up with a smoothie! :)
Yo Mama..whats your home address for xmas cards...love ya tiff
Bran you know that you are just one of the crazy Parry girls! . . . okay Braydo takes after his dad . . . in milder form! Just wait . . . I am sure your kids will really give you a run for your money later . . . . look who their dad is! And the tree . . . I love the smell of real ones . . . but having a prelit tree is so nice! We need to get together and "play" some more before the 25th!
I just bought a Scentsy with a christmas tree smell. Love it!
Post a Comment