CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008


1. My new business. Yes, babysitting kids can be stressful at times. Like the time i was changing a poopy mess from a kid who went in his UNDERWEAR, and another one of my cute little boys walks up to me, sticks his hand down the back of his diaper and pulls out a handful of...yes! Then he proceeds to wipe it down the front of his shirt! Yes, no joke! My hands are busy trying to get the first boy cleaned up so I can't do much but say "Tyler! Don't move buddy!! Just hang on a a sec!" Yeah, so eventually I get them both cleaned up and changed. I had to just laugh at that dilemma because if I didn't i would have cried! I called my friend Rachel and had to tell her of my "crappy" day. LOL! But i am so grateful that i have found something that I can do to help make our ends meet a little easier & be home with my kids at the same time. ( and be able to contribute to the all important Disneyland fund!!)It has actually not been as bad as I thought it would be. I lucked out and got really good, cute kids. And my kids enjoy having "friends" come over every day to play. When I get to give Brayden a kiss or Kambers a hug as she wakes up from her nap, it makes it all worth it!
2. My hubby! Yeah, not only for the flowers he sent me,:), but because of him being mega-supportive of my daycare. He will run an errand for me or even stay with the kids and let me go cuz he knows that I need to get out of the house for a minute. (Smart man!) ;) He keeps me laughing, which I have found, is so important in life and in a marriage. He's the best!
3. Preschool! Yes, Brayden starts again next Tuesday and is so excited! I love Ms. Susie and he does too. It's good for him to get out and be in another environment with other kids. Now, if we could only get him to go to Sunbeams that well....
4. My Uncle Clyde, Aunt Diana and family. My uncle has just been diagnosed with cancer and it is a shock for us all. That word just strikes fear in me. My uncle has been a giant teddy bear to me. When i think of him, he is someone who gets along with everyone he meets, rarely gets mad, and is one of those people who everyone adores. He is giving this cancer his all and has a sweetheart of a wife behind him all the way. We love you guys and you are in our prayers!
5. That being said, i am so thankful that my dad finally had that scope done that we all kept telling him to do. I don't know much more relief than hearing "everything looks good". Love you dad and glad that you are healthy!
Wow...I am so blessed.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I couldn't stop laughing when you called me that day about your "crappy" day! You were such a trooper about it too! I probably would have been in a puddle of tears. I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. We are thinking of you and your family. Hopefully all will go well.

Tiffany said...

Aww Brandi, that makes me laugh so hard! I have been thinking about doing day care up here, but you may have just changed my mind, I think I would have been in tears! That is too bad about Clyde, we always had so much fun at their house playing, such a cute family!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Holy CRAP -- Literally!!! HAHAHA :) you are so good- we do have to laugh, or we would be crying ripping our hair out! How sweet of Jared to send flowers- that just makes a day :)

I also looooovvve the toddler shirt- CLASSIC!! where do I get one for my kid?!

Can't wait to get going on the digital scrpbk stuff with you guys!

Luvs
jodi

Lesley said...

And I am thankful that you chose to take kids in cuz it makes my life easier! To leave your kids everyday is brutal but not so bad when you know they are well taken care of. If Ellie EVER pulls poop out of her underwear...I swear. You better call me right that minute and I will send Sean over to clean her up:)...in his uniform.

Natasha said...

I think it is those moments when there is a fine line between laughing and crying that we consider the real blessings in our lives. It sounds like you are doing so well! Its gotta be quite an adjustment. I'm so happy it's working out for you.

Brandi said...

Not really brandi but her mom's retarded computer makes it look that way! Brandi's mom says:Her dad and I are so proud of her and Jared, they are THE best parents ever!!!! I just hope they know how much we love them,and those babies.Brandi is a typical 1st born~Perfectionist, organized,but you all know that. Love those pics of Brayden's first day! Great remarks about Uncle Clyde and dad~~~love mom

Brandi said...

Brandi's momm also says I will make Jared a meat/potatoes/gravy or whatever he chooses b-day dinner for his big 30th~ So it might add to his cholesteral, but once a year, its o.k. (We know he will bike it off!!) See you in k~town