CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Maybe They ARE Learning Something...


Ok, while I was bathing my kids last night I was singing "A Child's Prayer".(Doesn't everyone love that one?!) Embarrassing to admit because NOPE, I cannot sing! AT ALL! But, they don't know that yet... Anyways, I sang the part "some say that Heaven is far away...", when Brayden interrupts me and says "No mom, Heaven isn't far away! It is just up in the sky, huh mom?!" MELT MY HEART LITTLE BOY! I about started crying and said "you are right,it isn't far away! You are so smart!" He was beaming. I hope I remember that forever.
THEN...the night before, he says, out of the blue, "Mom, I am gonna bless Trey and Brecky. And maybe they will bless me too!" I told him that was a good idea!
It makes me feel good that maybe the combination of him FINALLY going to Sunbeams and our family night lessons (which at the ages that my kids are, last no more than 5minutes usually) actually ARE getting into that head of his! I think Heavenly Father likes to remind us of certain things and our kids can sometimes be that little reminder!
Take time to remember the moments...

10 comments:

Rachel said...

How sweet! It is a reward in itself when we hear that even basic little things are picked up! You aren't wasting your breath, he is getting it!! YAY! Keep up the good work!

Mindi said...

i am a sucker for that song--every time i used to teach in primary i would start crying and felt like such a dork. but it's good stuff, huh?

Kristen said...

You have such sweet little kids. I am also so greatful for the example you are of having family night. We have started having family night too. Even though Lauren isn't very old. I still think she needs to feel the spirit so we are trying. Thanks Brandi you are awesome.

Melissa said...

oh what tender innocence!!! hahaha J/K. that is awesome! I have been catching Lana read out loud from her books and she uses words like For behold and It came to pass, and Nephi. Hahaha! So cute!

Tiff and Ryan said...

Hi Brand....sup' mama?? I have to do the pumpkin thing every year with their RED HAIR!!! So cute and funny!! I am so sad Taco Bell is gone :( It does bring back memories. Okay..last year we were Dolly Parton and Willy Nelson, kids were Pablo (from Backyardigans) and Katie was a pumpkin..but this year we are gonna be the Flintstones!! Ha ha. Im Wilma, Ryan is Fred, Connor Dino and Katie PEBBLES ha ha with red hair...I love it

Lesley said...

What a little cutie! As we speak, Ellie is singing I Am A Child of God but she is changing the words to something about being in charge of Maci and her blanket. I am so proud. :)

Tiff and Ryan said...

Brandi...that little story bout' made me cry!! So sweet and precious. Connor and I always sing I am a Child of God...when we get done Kaitlyn always claps!! Ha ha...kids are so insightful...

Julie Smith said...

We bless Brayden too. It is so easy to have him over to play because the 3 of them get along so well.

Lindsey R said...

Oh Brayden, what a sweetheart! I love that song too, it's one of my favs! Kids are smarter than we think!

Grandma Babe said...

Brandi, you are doing such a great job as a mom your dad and I are so proud of you, we love you and your family luv, mom and dad