CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Ninja Turtles Score!




Soccer season is here again and Brayden has been so excited! The team consists of 3 & 4 year old's and they decided their team name would be the Ninja Turtles!(What else?!) Brayden and his cousin Brecken are on the same team this year and Bray was on the field showing Breck a few tips. It is entertaining to say the least to watch these games. One kid from the other team thought he would hang out in the goal for a while. After a few minutes of playing, Brayden took a drink break and told me "mom, the blue team is better than us! I run and run but I can't catch up to them! That means they are better than us." Oh no. Last year, it was great if they actually kicked the ball...if they happened to be heading in the right direction, well that was a bonus. But now, he's older and gets the whole "winning/losing" thing.(Even though they don't keep scores).I tried to reassure him that he was running so fast like Sonic (his current favorite character) and I was so proud of him! That seemed to do. So, they finished the game. They don't keep track of the scores, but I would say it was a tie. The blue team had a superstar player...but so did we. Zach Andrus scored a few goals for us and saved the day! The Ninja Turtles are here to play!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh how cute! I heard that they played great! We hope to see some of their games! Go Ninja Turtles!

Gina said...

Ninja turtles? Ha Ha, Of course Ü That would be so much fun to watch. I can't for Mason to be old enough to play soccer. The funny thing is when I was pregnant - I imagined a little blonde hair boy, named Mason, that played soccer. I guess we will see huh? Go Team!

Melissa said...

How fun! That is one of favorite things so look farward to... watching my kids be a part of something! Hopefully they will like sports and all the other fun stuff available for them to do. Love it! Go Bray!!!

Natasha said...

I'm cracking up that he was explaining to you why the other team was better! I'm glad you were able to reassure him. I am loving his 'coaching' skills for Brecken. So funny.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

I love the soccer days- especially at this age! It is so funny :) Treygen got put on a totally different league (older kids) he is like 1/2 their size, so we are going to call it good - with the one game this year!- haha. He had fun for a little while. We'll stick w/ gymnastics for now & do soccer next year.
luvs

Julie Smith said...

Your slide show is so cute! I need to ge the pictures I took on my blog. I love the headlines.

Rachel said...

You got the pictures up! I have it on my to do list and haven't gotten it done yet! I love your slide show too! GO NINJA TURTLES!! And we will have to have another party so Bray can come over and play the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games...or just toss him on over ;)

Tiffany said...

That is so fun, I love that they called themselved the Ninja Turtles! That is so cute and sad that he is starting to catch on to who is winning and losing. I love this age when they start playing sports! My poor dad lucked out with all of us- we were all butterfly chasers!