CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Life Changing Event!


I had the privilage of going to an event called "Time Out For Women" today in Vegas with 2 of my best friends in the world. I still sit here in awe of the words i heard and the feelings i felt there. If i wish one thing for every woman I know, it's that she will get to attend at least one of these events sometime in her life! It is basically a women's conference type gathering focusing on us as mothers/women/wives/daughters of God , with AMAZING speakers and musical performers. It is like when you have an "AHA!" moment....only 100 times better!!! You get one AHA moment after another. We were amazed and awed to get to hear from Virginia Hinckley Pierce! (Pres. Hinckley's daughter). She looks just like her father and carries with her that same sweet spirit. We got to meet the awesome singer Hillary Weeks! I am her newest biggest fan! Love her!!! Not only spiritual, but FUNNY! We heard many other amazing speakers and "talks". Every one of them had something (or MANY somethings) that I NEEDED to hear at this very moment in my life. We all face different situations at different times in our lives, and each of my friends and I got an answer/reassurance to the situations we face personally right now. You know those amazing moments in life when you hear someone's words and you know they were meant for your ears to hear and it just hits you right THERE! Yeah, amazing is all i can say. And I have THE BEST NEWS!!!!: Time Out For Women is coming here to ST. GEORGE next fall!!!!! Oh you don't know how excited I am for this...yes, a while down the road, but i am already there! ;) I invite every woman that I know to come with me. You will be so grateful you did! It is one of those life-changing events that you are so thankful you were able to experience. I would love to experience it with ALL of my friends and family right there next to me! So mark your calender for November 6-7, 2009. Really...right now...go jot it down...I want you right there with me as we get to learn and grow and feel and cry and laugh and love and see and realize. I hope I can remember how I feel right now and keep that with me as I live my daily life. If I can utilize ANY of what I heard/learned, I will be on my way to being the person i want to be. To my girls Melissa and Natasha, thanks for sharing this amazing experience with me. It will be one I will never forget!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Brandi, was that the guy from Due West? We LOVE them! They opened for Craig Morgan! They are awesome! I am SOOOO glad that you had such an amazing experience! I am in for next year!

Brandi said...

YES EM!!! That was him! He was amazing! My friend called him the Mormon Keith Urban! haha...he said they have been in Nashville recording an album! YAY!

Rachel said...

Now seeing the pictures, I am even more sad I couldn't make it! WAHHH! Haha! I am so glad that you had an awesome time! It sounds like it was completely perfect! Next year, don't you worry, I will BE THERE!!! I am glad you are back though :)

Melissa said...

Look at you already blogged it! Thaks so much for sharing this experience with me! You are an amazing friend and I will cherish your friendship forever. Thanks for always being there for me... okay sorry I'll stop getting sentimental on ya but i had a great time and we need to help each other REMEMBER!!!

Natasha said...

Thank you so much for all the pictures...and all the memories! I am so grateful you invited me. I truly feel you were inspired. The whole trip was exactly what I needed for this season in my life. Thank you!!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

YEA-- Loved this event sooooo much!! We will all go together next year :) wooohooo, we had a FABULOUS time
luvs

Megan said...

Brandi,
This is Megan Jolley! You probably don't remember me, but I'm Melissa's friend (dating Curtis's brother). Anyway, I haven't looked at your blog before, cuz I remember it being private a while ago...but looks like you've unleashed! haha! Maybe I'll have to get brave, and make mine public! :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what a cute friend you are to Melissa! Seriously, you girls are so lucky to have the friendship that you do, and that you guys can share the same interests, values, and similarities that you do! It's awesome! Just thought I'd letcha know she adores you! Glad I got to know ya a little bit too!
PS. CUTE BLOG!!! You, Melissa, and Rach all make me sick how creative you are! :D

Lindsey R said...

Sounds like you guys had a neat experience! How fun to take time with your girlfriends! Were just alike when it comes to dessert! Cheesecake Factory is my FAV! I have to go there everytime I go to Vegas, it's the BEST!

Lindsey R said...

I love your new background and header!! Waaay cute!!!

Schimmy said...

Hey Brandi, Not sure how I found your blog, but I probably will be here more often than not. Enjoyed reading about your family. Your baby girl is so cute! That is exciting you are doing daycare. It probably keeps you very busy. I have been meaning to call you about mortgage rates but not sure when is the best time to call you now. Give me a call when you get a minute. Thanks.