That is what Brayden said when he put on his new glasses. He didn't do very well on the eye test at his 5 year check up. Then he started complaining at night that he couldn't see very good. It fit right in there with "mom, I am hungry, I need a drink, my foot hurts, I can't see very good and I need to go potty"...the good ol'd bedtime routine. I figured it was another thing to stall going to bed. But after a few times of him saying it, I decided to take him in to the optometrist, just to make sure.
Well, needless to say he ended up needing glasses! He did horrible on the eye test there and when the doc checked his eyes, said "yep mom, he's not lying to you! His eyes are not good at all. They are working 3 times harder than they should be to try and see and he is still not seeing good." I felt HORRIBLE! He also said that at night after a long day of trying so hard to see, they probably are fatigued and that is why he complains about it at night. I felt bad that i thought he was just teasing me, but glad we caught it now. He has a slight lazy eye in the right eye and may have to wear a patch. We will check in 6 months and see.
So, LUCKILY, they had POWER RANGER glasses! It didn't take him long to pick those out. He looks so cute in them it melts my heart! He has done really good wearing them. We are so proud of him.
We love you buddy! And now you will be able to see the carpet and many other things much better!:)







10 comments:
OMH!!! He is darling! Now he his going to go off and explore this whole new world! :)
Look at him! He looks so cute with glasses!!! That's so cute that he said "I can see the carpet now"...I remember the same thing when I got my first pair of glasses...little things like that make a BIG difference when you couldn't see them good before. What a handsome and sophisticated little man!
Those are awesome! He seriously looks soo cute!
Go Bray! I wonder if I can find some cool Power Ranger glasses too?
Nice eye wear Bray. I am glad your mom decided to take you in to get your eyes checked. Looks Awesome!
SO cute Bran!!! He is such a handsome little man!
Aw! He can totally pull off the glasses! How Cute!
My parents did the SAME thing to me. I couldnt see and my parents didnt believe me til I came home with a "Your kid flunked their eye test" paper and sure enough, I was so blind that when I got glasses I realized there were leaves on the trees!!! He looks adorable! YAY Brayden, back to the world of seeing! :)
He's so stinkin cute!!! By the way thanks for inviting us to go swimming we had so much fun!!!!
Brayden, will always be our 1st born handsome little man, can't beat that! Glasses just work for him, what can I say?
Post a Comment