So, Julie and I packed the 6 kids in my car and headed down to Las Vegas for a day of fun with the kids. Let me just say..did I forget from when i lived there how HOT it gets down there?I must have.
So we hit the Shark Reef first. Kids enjoyed it. Kambree kept calling the divers "Transfomers" because they were all decked out in their scuba gear and must have looked like Transformers to her. One came up to the window where she was standing and put his hands to hers and when she noticed the "Transformer" staring at her, she FREAKED out! I don't think she likes them anymore.
Next we decided as a little treat for us moms to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We were close to Ceasars, so we packed the 6 kids back in the car and headed south on the strip. OH YEAH! It takes an hour to go 3 block on the strip! AND ITS DEATHLY HOT! SO, we are sitting in traffic as I look down and see the temperature gauge going up and up getting close to the red! I start panicing a little. Where is Jared when I need him? I am a girl, I don't know what to do with car problems.Julie tells me to turn off the AC. So, there we are, 2 adults, 6 crying, hot, sweating, thirsty kids sitting on Las Vegas strip in a car that reads 135 degrees outside. STUCK. Not moving. Can't pull over. NOTHING. I started to get a little anxiety. We did roll the windows down and that helped. After what seemed like hours we got to CEASARS and unpacked the 6 hot thirsty kids and enjoyed a yummy lunch at CF. Yes, it WAS worth it. Barely.
Next we headed to the Kids Discovery Museum. If you go..beware: it is in old downtown Las Vegas, attached to the library that attracts HOMELESS PEOPLE. Yes, there we are packin a ton of kids and walk by a room full of scary folks staring at us. EEKKK. Well, we enjoyed the discovery museum. It was not as cool as i remember as a kid, but the kids seemed to like it.
Next, off to Chucky Cheese for dinner. The kids LOVED it and i have to say, it wasn't too bad. They had a ball there, just like the commercials on TV show.:)
We finally packed the 6 kids back into the car and headed for home sweet Utah! After being in Vegas, I am always glad to come back home. And Julie and I decided we will not be taking the kids to Vegas again...unless it is DECEMBER!
The "Transformer" aka Scuba Steve:
Some of the kids:
Bray buying his groceries at the "store":
In the Wind Tunnel with aunt Ami-winds up to 76 mph!
Paper or plastic?
Climbing on the Skin Wall:







4 comments:
Oh...the memories! I think we definitely earned a girl's shopping trip.
Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! That is brutal.
WOW! You ladies are brave to take that many kids to all those fun places! It's amazing how heat can put a damper on things. I LOVE the CF! Best food eva!
I agree...we totally need to go to lunch or at least take lunch to one of our houses!! I can't even remember the last time I saw you! Time just flies too dang fast!
Oh I felt so bad for you and Julie in an overheating car with crying kids. There is nothing worse in my opinion. Oh wait, and stuck in traffic. Perfect! It looks like you did have a ton of fun and I bet those kids slept great that night! Miss you!
Post a Comment