CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

What A Weekend!

Wow! Lots to tell ya'll about! Okay, so Friday was my birthday. I am now 27 years old! But i still feel like...20-ish. Was that a gray hair i pulled the other day? Am I getting fine lines? NO! I refuse to beleive any of it! Call it denial....I guess I am in it!
Oh well. Anyways,to help ease the pain, my cute sister-in-law Julie brought me one of my favorites...a pork burrito from Cafe Rio for lunch.


Then, my awesome friends Rachel & Melissa (Luv you guys!) brought me the cutest gifts!



A book that has been on my "to read" list, a gift certificate to go get pampered, my favorite candy Riesens & some popcorn in a cute digi-scrapped little container! WOW! You guys are so creative, sweet, etc etc etc! Thank you!!!

Next, Jared & the kids brought me a present...also something from my list, the new movie "Emma" about Emma Smith. I am so excited to watch it! And also a book about her too. I have become more curious and inspired/amazed by her and am so excited to learn more about her.Love you guys!


THEN,my little sis Whitney drove down to babysit for us so Jared & I could go to the temple and then go to dinner. Thanks Whit! The kids had fun and Brayden likes to have sleepovers with aunt Whitney!

So, off to the temple we go. We got to do a session and it was so nice. Then, we went to dinner at...where else?!....my ULTIMATE FAVE...SAMARAI 21!!! Jared's parents came and our good friends Curtis and Melissa came. We ate DElIsH food and got to see a good show! Our cook was hilarious! Jared's parents had never been, so they were in for a treat!

And here is Jared's mom attempting to catch a flying shrimp in her mouth!:

Not bad for a first timer Kathryn! ;)

So, it's time to head home, the end to a great birthday. When i get there, my sis tells me i have another present! My neighbor and good friend Kim, had got me this sTyLiN hat: (which is ANOTHER thing i have been wanting! How do all these people KNOW me so well?!?)

I liked it so much, I went and got me a brown one too! Thanks Kim!!!

Saturday night we went to my aunt Mitzi's annual "Witch's Party". My aunt Mitzi is so creative and crafty and always throws a fun party with yum-E food!
I brought these little brownie-spiders: (thanks for the idea Kim!)

This was Jared's witch costume:


And here are all the "witch sisters" (and yeah, Warren Jeffs there in the middle!:)


And I just HAFTA show you this little lion costume! It is handmade and one of the cutest things i have ever seen!

Oh so cute!

So, now it's Sunday and our ward primary program..Brayden being a Sunbeam, this was our first "primary-program-proud-parent-moment"! Look how cute!

Thanks Grandma Parry & Erin for coming to watch Brayden give his first talk!(Okay, so it was only one sentence...but it counts!)
Then, this afternoon we headed up to good old Kanarraville where my Grandma Bertie threw a party for my mom & I (my mom's b-day is the day before mine...so we have always had one big celebration!) My Grandma Linda came, along with my brother Brett, his wife Angie and Layni-bugger! We ate "Grandma Bertie taquitos" (they are locally famous!) and cake and ice cream and opened presents. Thanks grandma for all your hard work! i love you!


And for the grand finale to a great weekend...Jared said for my birthday I get to order my professional camera that i have been drooling over for the last 6 months! HOORAY!!!!!

I am so excited! Thanks honey! LuV Ya!
So,WHEW! Sorry for the long winded post folks! If you made it this far...you are either really bored or a good friend! haha. If this weekend was a taste of what 27 is like...well, I will take it!

14 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! Oh Bran it sounds like you had an awesome birthday! We can't wait to see you this weekend! Mom said that Bray was too cute! i am glad that you had such a great birthday! Love you!

Ashley said...

Yea! I found your cute blog. Happy Birthday! Looks like you made out like a bandit. It was fun to see your cute family on Saturday. We should get the kids together at the park soon.

Tiff and Ryan said...

Holy cow! Happy birthday (belated)!! Brand looks like you had a ball!! Awesome camera...and the cafe rio, well, I am drooling for some...you are a doll...the witch party looked fun. Trevor and Lori were "OLD PEOPLE" and oh my gosh-it was so realistic with wrinkles and everything....and WAY CUTE HAT u got too :)

Lindsey R said...

WOW!!! You got spoiled! But well deserved I'm sure! Love Jared's witch costume, too funny! That camera looks freakin sweet! I'm sure you will have a blast with it! Those spider brownies look delicous!!!!! What a cute idea! Kambree and Brayden are so dang cute and look darling in their sunday clothes!!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Brandi!! I am glad you had a good one! I love the hat!Thanks for being such a great friend!

Gina said...

Oh Man!! Happy Birthday is it seriously Oct 24th already?!? I don't even know what day it is anymore. I've been feeling a little under the weather this last week ;) Didn't get out of bed much. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You look so great! Love the hat! I've got one like it and I love it! Happy Belated 27th Birthday Bran! Miss you! We might be going to St. George around Christmas. Still trying to talk Cory into it.

Gina said...

Oh Man!! Happy Birthday is it seriously Oct 24th already?!? I don't even know what day it is anymore. I've been feeling a little under the weather this last week ;) Didn't get out of bed much. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You look so great! Love the hat! I've got one like it and I love it! Happy Belated 27th Birthday Bran! Miss you! We might be going to St. George around Christmas. Still trying to talk Cory into it.

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had tons of fun. I'm excited for you to get your new camera! That will be soooo much fun, and when you go profesional I'll hire you! And hay, I'm almost 27 too so dont be tryin to say thats old.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Happy BDay Girl! I have been clueless to life around me- sorry. Glad you had a great one, you look darling in that hat. Only 27?? -- just wait for the BIG 3-0 that one will really throw ya :)
Luvs
jodi

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Happy BDay Girl! I have been clueless to life around me- sorry. Glad you had a great one, you look darling in that hat. Only 27?? -- just wait for the BIG 3-0 that one will really throw ya :)
Luvs
jodi

Natasha said...

No, I swear we are not this close to 30! Yikes! Sounds like you guys really know how to celebrate a birthday. I totally love how you photo documented the whole thing. Too cute. Get this: I dreamed about you on your birthday. No kidding. I woke up and checked my planner just to make sure. It sounds like your birthday was a dream come true.

Kendall and Mitzi said...

Happy Birthday Brandi. You look great dont waste one breath worring about it. Im so excited you got your camera. Figure it out and teach me a thing or two. I love you.

Mitzi

Lesley said...

Yea! Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it! I have to know where you got the hat! I'm excited to see what you do with the camera and Photoshop!

Melissa said...

OK - I KNOW YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY I AM THE LAST ONE TO COMMENT ON THIS WAY AWESOME POST... HAVEN'T TOUCHED THE COMPUTER IN A COUPLE DAYS... LOVE THE HAT! NOW WE CAN BE CUTE HAT FRIENDS TOO! :) SO JEALOUS OF THE CAMERA... SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE IT'S GOODNESS BY TAKING PICS OF MY FAMILY :) WAS SO HAPPY TO SHARE YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH YOU! I LOVE YOU TO DEATH! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!