Well, I must say I did have a great Mother's Day. Just kicked back...let Jared take care of most everything...it was very nice! Thanks honey. It is for sure a time to reflect on being a mom, and also remembering your own childhood and all the things my mom did for us that, when you are a kid, you don't realize all the hard work it is to be a mom! I am so grateful for her in my life. She is one of the few people that cares about my everyday happenings with the kids, family, good days, bad days, life in general. I love her!! And so do my kids "grandma babe!"
I am also thankful for Jared's mom. My kids love her as well and have fun at her house. She is very supportive of her children and I appreciate that. She is always willing to tend the kids if I need her, and I appreciate that. She obviously was a great mom to Jared, cuz she raised him right...( i know it is not her fault that he still throws his clothes on the floor NEXT TO the hamper... i think that is something guys are born with!) Anyways, I appreciate her as well!
So, i asked Jared after church to get a picture of me with the kids for Mother's Day... I think we musta taken 10 of them...not one are we all smiling at the camera with our eyes open. It made me laugh...that is exactly how motherhood is...not perfect but we have fun tryin'...right??
In the book by Jane Clayson Johnson "I am A Mother" , i found a poem that I loved so much, I had it printed in vinyl and put it on a wood plaque on my wall... I must share it today! " I'd rater be a mother than anyone on earth, bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth. I'd rather tuck a little child safe and sound in bed, than wrap a chain of diamonds about my carefree head. I'd rather wipe a smudgy face, with round bright baby eyes, than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise." I love my kids more than I ever thought I could love and being a mommy is the most eternally rewarding thing we could all do. So, enjoy every minute of it while they are little because the clock is ticking! Happy Mother's Day to you all!
Happy 15th Birthday, Caspian!
2 weeks ago







3 comments:
Your pictures are so great. Totally made me smile. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. I got to spend mine in Cedar with my family and it was so, so nice.
I loved that poem! Of course you can put my mother's day post on your blog! You don't have to ask, silly. You are such a good mom. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment