CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crafting, Nesting, Nesting, Crafting...

Since about the day preschool got out, I have been keeping busy with getting all the things done that have needed to get done, and some other things I didn't plan on!
I have: cleaned out kids closets, washed windows, vacuumed window sills, made a few fun crafts, re-decorated my kids rooms (including painting some furniture) and now that I am done with all that, I am trying to get the baby's room finished!
First, my friends Jessie, Summer & I get together once a month and make a cute craft. Last month we made flower bows for all our girls hair. So naturally, we needed a place to put all thier bows! :) So this month we made bow holders! Check em out:
L to R: Jessie's, mine, Summers

And the finished product hanging in her room:

Next,Brayden's Room: It has a motorcycle theme with Jared's old racing trophy's, signed framed posters and racing flags. I painted his drawers on his bed and nightstand navy blue, along with a giant magnetboard. Then I got him a new bedding (for a heck of a deal!yay!) with navy to tie it all together. I like how it all turned out:



Onto Kambree's room. I have always loved white kids furniture, but didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to buy it. So...I went garage-sale-ing one Saturday morning and totally scored a new bed for Kam for $20! It wasn't white, just a dark wood stain color. BUT then I got my sweetheart father-in-law to paint it and her dark stained dresser white for me! I have discovered that it is much more fun to find awesome deals, refinish & paint it yourself and have the satisfaction of saving a load money and a feeling of accomplishment, than to go spend a ton of money. I may start going yard-saling to find more fun projects to keep me busy if anyone wants to join me! So fun i tell ya!
I also found another smokin deal on her bedding! I had been searching for black, hot pink and white bedding (but didn't really want zebra in it). I had found one online that i loved but it was $150 just for the quilt! EEK! Couldn't do it. Well, at a random trip to a Supertarget in Vegas, my SIL and I fould this set on Superclearance for $30!!!! Oh I was so excited! It totally made my day!

I cut the K out of a box and wrapped it in fabric and tied ribbon around it. I then cut a few black and white polka dots from the ol' Cricut and TA-DA! Way cheap!

The dreser: painted white and got new hardware. And I recovered her lampshade in the matching fabric and found the mirror on clearance at TJ Maxx:


And my most recent craft: Picture frames. Julie and I saw these at the WWW expo and figured we could make some ourselves for cheap! So we had some OSB board cut at Lowe's, got a variety of cute fabrics, frames at DI and went to town! We spray painted all the frames, covered the wood in fabric and attached the frames on. We ended up making i think 18 of them in one day! So I now have a few baby gifts tucked away!:)

We even made GIANT ones for our family rooms, but I have yet to put our pic in it and hang it. So you may see that one later!
WHEW! If you made it through all that , you are a true friend! HAHA I am so glad it's all done! Now I just need to finish this little baby's room before it gets here! And I have been staying up way too late getting my whole year of preschool done for next year. Anyway, call it nesting, I am in it! But ahhh, the feeling of accomplishment is so nice! :)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

You've been one busy girl! Awesome job on all of your accomplishments!!! Hope you get some rest in the midst of all this--you'll need to stock up! :-)

The York's said...

Bran!!!! Holy cow lady love it all!!! You need to teach me how to do the frames!!! Could be a craft thing we could do, except you've alreadly made 18 ha ha!!!

Emily said...

Brandi I am loving all that you did!!! Your kids have one great crafty mom!!! WAY CUTE!!!

Grandma Babe said...

Oh wow what a great job on all the rooms, and for hardly any $ at all!! They turned out way cute! So proud of you :D Now try to rest up you will need it~ I'll be there to help if you need me~ Luv ya

jessie said...

Cute stuff! Where do you find the time!?