
I was a little hesitant to plan 2 birthday parties in one week outdoors. What is the luck of having nice weather for both?
Well call me lucky! Both days were perfect! WHEW!
So her big day finally comes. She gets all "princessed out", even wanted me to put make up on her. Which I admit, I probably had as much fun with it as she did. There was just something about sitting her on my bathroom counter, just me and her, and putting on whatever she handed me from my makeup bag. Totally fun and girly! And she did look "so precious!" (in her words.:)
We loaded things up and headed to another park. We ate a yummy dinner (thanks to all who brought food!) and then played a little game of "pin the crown on the princess".
After that, she opened presents. One of which was this trunk I made for her. I bought it unfinished at Michaels with a 40% off coupon (gotta love those!) and sanded and painted and vinyled and modge-podged.
Inside I put her presents, the main one being a new Cinderella dress, and so now she has a place to put all her dress ups and fancy shoes. It was a fun project and I liked how it turned out.
We then had cake...actually cupcakes. Aunt Em once again, made this darling princess Tiana cake and matching cupcakes for us! It turned out darling, as always! I haven't dared cut into the cake yet! It's too cute. Maybe tomorrow...
After a fun party we headed home and spent the next hour actually "opening" the presents. You know, unwiding all those twisty ties that the chinese people put in so that you can't open it in under 10 minutes. Yeah. Lots of unwinding going on.
But then as I was still unwinding, I looked down at my feet and saw this:
We gave her one of those styling doll heads (she loves to do hair and make up). When I pulled it out of the box she said "oh does she just need arms?" HAHAHAAA!!!!!! I cracked up! Anyway, she loves that thing and sat there doing her hair and makeup for a long time. Cute!
Then I said "let's take a picture of you in your dress", and this is what she does:
OMH! What a poser! I was laughing so hard at her! I always say that I have never met a more girlier girl in my entire life! And I love it. I love that she loves make up and princesses and babies and Barbies and clothes and shoes and dresses and pink. I am so lucky to have her. Kam, we love you more than you know and couldn't imagine our lives without you! happy 3rd birthday sweetie!
Oh man...i am getting puffy-pregnant-lady-face! dang it.







9 comments:
Yea Kambs!!! What a great party it was! My girls LOVED it!
You have been a busy blogger! Your parties turned out SO cute! And that dress up box?! My favorite. I may have to have you make one for me! Happy birthday Kambree and Brayden!
So fun! And a lot of work! I don't know how you do it all! I just did 1 birthday party for McQuade last week and that about did me in! Everything is so adorable! Love your trunk!
Good job on all the posts! I loved reading them all :) The parties both turned out so cute, it looks like your kids had so much fun, and way cute cakes! Good job on the toy chest, it turned out way cute! I'm glad the preschool graduations went good too, I'm sure you are ready for the break! :)
Dang you have been busy! And being pregnant during all of it...your amazing!!! That trunk is DARLING you made kambree! I can't believe how big Kambree and Brayden are! Time flies tooooo fast!
Busy lady!!!
Kambree is ADORABLE!!! SO adorable!
Loved the chest to put dress-ups in. You are so talented!!!
Puffy-pregnant??? I think not! Your bangs are sooo cute on you too! I am dying about the cake! Good job Emily! holy smokes! and that chest is beautiful! (talking about Kambree's new dress-up box) hahahaha
WHat a pretty little princess! And the Cake is AWESOME!!!!
Looks like you guys had a blast- she is a darling princess :) Best wishes with baby 3 - excited to hear the goods!
loves
Post a Comment