CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shoe War: Mommy VS. Brayden...



Brayden Won.
Yesterday he told me that his shoe had a big hole in it. So today, we head to the shoe store. He has been talking about these "police shoes". They are these black Sketchers that have red and blue lights when you walk. Lovely, I tell ya. Last time he needed shoes he wanted them, but I just went and got him some shoes that i liked.
Not this time.
He was all excited to get his police shoes. I was hoping they didn't have his size.
I know. Mean mom.
We get there and he immediatly finds them. But WHEW...not in his size.
But DON'T YOU WORRY! He found some other black light up Sketchers that were just as ugly as the police ones. AND he found the box that said SIZE 11. He was oh so excited.
Crap.
I found some really cute Nike's that I realllllyyyyyy wanted him to get. As I tried to talk him into how cool they were, he looked very un-interested.
"Let's try them both on" I suggest.
SO, of course, the Nike's hurt his feet before I even get them all the way on.
Sure.
BUT the ugly Sketchers fit "just perfect!" He walks around in them and loves the LIME GREEN lights that light up. He is showing Kambree how cool they are.
I am starting to give.
Then I say "bray, mommy really wants you to get these Nike's. They are so cool! The Sketchers are ugly buddy."
He looks at me with total sincerity and says "No they aren't mom! They are ugly to you but they are not ugly to me....they are just ugly to girls".
I have never laughed that hard in a shoe store.
So that was it. I give. His total love for the ugly shoes and how sincere he was about them, just cracked me up and I thought "what the heck. Let him win this one. He loves these darn ugly shoes and he always will. Who cares."
So I am laughing all the way up to the register. He stomps around everywhere so he can check out the lights. And he is all smiles.
I guess we won't have to worry about any chicks hittin on him.
At least until he grows out of them. ;)

6 comments:

Sandy said...

How funny! My kids always LOVE the not so cute shoes...I don't think the ones Brayden picked were ugly though! :) Just think how happy he will be too!

Lesley said...

OH man...you sound just like me!!! I am constantly telling Ellie no and maybe I should be a good mom and give in...????

Lindsey R said...

How funny! He is so grown up and knows what he wants! Cute!

Sylvia said...

What a nice mommy! And just so you know...you'll start giving in on more thngs now that you've done it this once, lol! I do it all the time, it's hard when they have their sweet little hearts set one something :)

Natasha said...

Ok, so the only reason this is so dang funny is because LEVI HAS THE POLICE SKETCHERS! No, I'm not kidding. They are seriously some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen (ok, maybe the Thomas the Train ones were uglier, but still...) He LOVES them. He honestly thinks they make him run faster. I try and try to get him to wear his other ones. He has some really cute Sketchers. He has some ultra fashionable cowboy boots. A myriad of preferable choices, but the ugly BLUE police Sketchers always win. The other day my brother-in-law comes over with some Adidas on. Levi says, "Those are cool shoes. Too bad they don't light up." Are you kidding me? The bad news: the ugly police Sketchers are TWO SIZES TOO BIG so we will be wearing them for a LONG time!

Gina said...

Ha ha! I know exactly what shoes you are talking about, WHY?... oh because Cory got them for Mason! They are so hideous! They are the police shoes but the hightop version. Oh man! Mason is so proud of them. Sometimes you just have to roll your eyes or close them, one of the two! That is so funny!