
is what Brayden said after he finished his first ever mountain bike race. Brayden learned pretty quick to ride a bike well and totally LOVES IT! He and Jared go out to different places and ride together. I love that. So, about 3 weeks ago they started practicing for this race. Today being the big day, I asked Brayden what he wanted for breakfast and he said "skinny pancakes" (crepes). So we had a good breakfast and headed to the course. G&G Babe and G&G Parry and aunt Erin came to cheer him on! It turned out to be pretty good weather thankfully and I was such a proud mom! He looked so cute and little out there on his bike.The kids group is kids 9 & under. So, being 5(and 2/3 he says), he was on the younger/smaller end. But he started with a bang and went non-stop for the whole 2 laps with Jared by his side. At the last minute he decided he wanted him to ride with him. I thought that was cute. And a good idea. :)
We are waiting to see online what place he took in the kids group, but he did get a ribbon and a T-shirt that he is so proud of. And he informed me tonight that he wants to wear it "clear until school starts!" (which would be um, another 10 days!) First I thought um, no. But then I thought what the heck, it is spring break & that it was cute that he is so proud of it and i said "ok buddy you go for it!" (I might hafta do a load of laundry after bed-time and hope that i can peel it off of him! haha)
Jared also raced later. He said after his race that he just likes to ride more for fun. LOL.
Good job to both of you! Way to go, love ya!
At the line-up:
The look of determination:
Sissy & Bray
And they're off!
Startin his second lap...heard all of us cheerin and got a second wind! haha
Crossin the finish line! Yay buddy!
Whew-need a drink

And the look of accomplishment, along with cute rosy red cheeks:)

And the ribbon:

Sportin' his new shirt! Warning: you may see many future pictures of him with it on. LOL.







5 comments:
Augh! Bran the munchkins look SO grown up! I LOVE the pic of determination! He is such a cutie!
So...what's it like to be able to take the most amazing pictures of your kiddoes as they grow?? I LOVE these! Brayden is so stinkin' cute, and you totally capture the whole emotion of the race in the photos. Way to go (you and Bray!) Oh, and I love love love the belly pics. You look SOOOO cute! I'm so proud of you for making it though the ultrasound without finding out. Suprises are too fun! Miss you!
haha Oh my heck! He is so dang cute! Looks like it was so much fun! I wish I was down there to come to all these fun things, I hate missing out!
Yea!!!! Good job!
so cute! I love it! I am so glad he had fun!
Post a Comment