Researching ideas for centers for our preschool weekly theme of colors, i came acrossed this darling idea called Colorful Bubbles. The preschool kids had a ball and ask me almost daily if we can do it again.
So tonight my kids were at the counter painting when they were getting bored with it. I was just about to start dinner and was trying to think of another project to entertain them while I cooked. Ding! Colorful bubbles! Here's what ya do:
Grab a cookie sheet for each kid, put a few clear plastic cups on each. Fill each cup about 1/3 to 1/2 full with milk (I used whole, haven't tried any other kind). Place a straw in each. Add a few drops of food coloring to each cup of milk, making them all a different color. Then place the cookie sheet in front of your kid and tell them to do what you normally tell them NOT to do..."K, go ahead and blow in your straw to make bubbles in your milk!" The colorful bubbles start to overflow and the kids LOVE IT! And it's okay when it spills over cuz all the mess is on the cookie sheet so it is EASY clean up! They sat there blowing bubbles for a while and then after they were done with that, they spent another few minutes pouring the colors from one cup to another, watching the colors as they mixed and swirled together. CHEAP FUN ACTIVITY! EASY CLEAN UP! And I even finished making dinner!
Gotta love it! Next time you are trying to cook and take care of your crazy kids, try some colorful bubbles! I might have to start buying an extra gallon of milk each week...;)







6 comments:
That is such a GOOD idea!! Cooking dinner is so hard with kids, thanks for the idea!!!
Cheap. Easy. Fun. Safe. Genious. Thanks for sharing.
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for the email with the Snow White movie coupon!
Oooh! Good idea...I am using it tonight! :)
Giong to give this idea a try...looks fun!
Cutest Idea Bran!!! You win MOM OF THE YEAR award!!! Kambree is getting so big I cant believe it! Lets schedule a "girls night" where we make the colored bubbles Bran!! Looks so fun ;) Way cool ;) ;) xoxo
Post a Comment