CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

28 Years Old..Really?


I really feel like I just walked through the red C at CHS graduation and i woke up Saturday morning realizing that in just 2 years when i wake up i will be THIRTY! OMH. That sounds so old. Not me. Not that old.
SIGH.
Anyway, life goes on and my birthday was fun. Here is what the kids picked out for me at the dollar store:

From Kambree: A kitty calendar (of course! She LOVES cats!) and some princess ponytails and a candy cane decoration from Brayden along with a handmade card/book. So sweet! And this is really from the heart: a pack of bologna from Jared. Hehe...no, he took me out on a hot date to our favorite restaurant with our friends Jeremy & Leslie and Julie & Dan. It was just as yummy as I had hoped and then we went to see Couples Retreat. Let me just say: a little naughty and A LOT FUNNY! We got a lot of good laughs that night. It was so fun, we haven't been able to go to dinner and a movie since Jared promoted. Thanks babe!
I got lots of fun gifts from family and friends AND with my b-day money I got this:

(minus the black quilt laying in the middle).
I have been wanting a new bedding set for a while so when I found this cute one at Target I was all over it! I put it all on and threw in a couple red pillows and it looks so cute! I am so excited to walk into my room and now love my bed even more!;)
Saturday morning we had brunch with Jared's family before the boys soccer games. Then Sunday we went to our ward Primary Program (in which Brayden did a great job! His part was "I am so happy that I can be with my family forever." Made his mom proud!). Then we headed to Kanarra to my grandma Bertie's house for some homemade mexican food to celebrate my mom's and I's big days (hers is the day before mine. HB MOM!) It was all so yummy and it was so fun to see my family! Here we are:
(me, Grandma Bertie, aunt Diana, my mom and my cousin Marcy).

And us granddaughters with grandma and our kids:


All I can say is, i hope my last couple years of being in my twenties lasts a LOOOONNNNGGG TIME!:)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

You still look 18! ;) I am still laughing at the presents from your kids! haha So awesome! Glad it was a special day for you!

Lindsey R said...

Sounds like you had a FUN birthday! I agree with Melissa...you do look 18! I LOVE your new bedding!!! Sooo cute!

Leslie said...

Ya that was a WAY fun night! I'll email you the pics right now!

Emily said...

Yeah Bran!!! I am glad that you had an awesome birthday!!! The comforter is DARLING!!! Love it!

Natasha said...

Happy Day! It sounds like you had a great time. Isn't it funny that when we were 'young' going out for dinner and a movie was a regular and now (after kids) it is a luxury treat? Lu-uv your new bedspread. Good use of birthday funds (instead of buying groceries, right?) And don't get me started on getting old. People always think I am WAY older than I am, whereas you look super young and cute!

Grandma Babe said...

Can't tell u enough how proud we are of u!! And love the new comforter~~

Anonymous said...

haha bologna! That is so funny.

Happy Birthday. Love ya.

Rachel said...

I burst out laughing when I saw the bologna! HAHAHA! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new bedding! I might sneak in one night and kidnap it. (of course I will wait for a night that Jared has to work. I am not that crazy! :) I am currently mourning the last few weeks of my 20's and then poof. It is all over. I will be old. You can come and visit me in my nursing home since you will have more energy and I won't want to get out of my wheelchair to get into a car to leave. In a couple of years, you can join me and we can look back at our "younger" years. Yeah right, you won't look one minute older. Happy Birthday! I am so glad to hear you had a great day! :)

Sandy said...

Love the bologna..how funny! I'm glad you had a good birthday though and got a nice new bed spread, its way cute!

Jules said...

I love that your kids picked out such awesome stuff for yoU! :) And I LOVE your bed set! Looks like you've been having too much fun, again!

Grandma Bertie said...

Brandi, you don't look your age, because you keep yourself fit and trim, good for you, I've always been so proud of you and now, even more!You go, girl!!!
The pictures you took at my house, or rather Brayden took,came
out pretty good, I think, thanks for putting them in your blog for
everyone to see. I love you.