Harvest Holiday was coming up for our school district and with Jared having to work and my bro-in-law going hunting all weekend, Julie and I decided we need not sit home with our kids for 4 days with no school, soccer, dance or anything else to do. SO we planned a trip up north to take the kiddies to Thanksgiving Point, Cabela's, Chucky Cheese and we also had to sneak in something for us mommies so we stopped at IKEA. And just in case you didn't know...THEY HAVE FREE DAYCARE THERE! Serious! K it sounds a little scary/wierd and I have never left my kids just randomly somewhere BUT it had lots of fun things to do and the boys wanted to stay. Movies, ball pit, art table, climbing toys, etc = entertained kids and happy mommies! WHY don't more stores adopt this idea??? It seriously was SO nice.
Anyway, Thanksgiving Point happened to be having their annual Scarecrow Festival which was ok. Got to sit in a UHP helicopter that we later found out Jared had flown in before, sat on a HUGE pumpkin and went down some fun bouncy slides.
THEN onto the dinosaur museum: so fun. Kids loved it. Lots of neat things to see and do: 3-D dinosaur movie. Check. Sand and water table. Check. Make your own fossil. Check. Dig for fossils. Check. Stand by dinosaur toes that are larger than we are. Check. Thumbs up from the Parry kids!
Saturday we headed to Cabelas which is like a huge store and museum in one! There were TONS of stuffed animals to see and fish to feed and toys to want. Also thumbs up!
Ikea was next and I had lots of fun in that store. Such awesome stuff for so cheap! And free daycare...how do you go wrong there?!
And of course last, we had to stop by Chucky Cheese as we always do when we hit the "big cities" that have one. Though a little warning: Chucky Cheese in Sandy is a little um...SCARY! Yeah, I would drive farther next time to avoid watching the drug deal go down in the parking lot. AHH!
Loved this one...we are tired and hungry.
Kids had fun, mommy had fun. A great weekend was had by all!







7 comments:
Oh yes, should have warned you about that Chuckie Cheese. Too bad Jared wasn't there. He could have kicked some trash! :)
It looks like you had a great time!I love how you guys do girls road trips. What a fun idea!
MISS YOU!!!
What a fun trip! I've never been to an IKEA so I will have to go next time I'm up north..especially for the free daycare! :)
Great pics!!
Such cute pics! I need to get copies and give you some of mine. We had lots of fun. It makes me tired thinking about it though. (But not tired enough to head back to the motel!)
How fun, you are a brave girl, this may sound bad but I have never gone up north or Vegas without family or the husband, lol! I guess I should branch out, and get brave, huh?! Glad you had a good time, I have never heard about Ikea...what is it? What do they have?
Way fun! I love girl trips with the kiddos!
Looks like tons of fun! I still can't get over that last pic of Kam and her Grandma! LOL... Love it!
Cute! I love Ikea!!! It looks like you had fun!!! (Even though you had to go to C.C. . . . augh!)
Post a Comment