CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

First Camping Trip of the Summer...in September!


We haven't done any camping this summer as a family because well frankly...2 kids, 2 parents and a tent aren't my idea of a "fun" time. I just think camping in a tent with kids is hard.Cold.No room. No bathroom. Etc. Jared on the other hand would prefer to sleep in a tent, but he is a guy! :)
So, we were ECSTATIC when my parents bought a new toy-hauler and let us take their old camp trailer! We picked it up, got it all furnished (utensils, etc) and headed to Cedar Mountain for our first camping trip of the year! Our friends the Spragg's and the Despains came up and we did all those fun camping things...ate smores, roasted hot dogs (or YUM BLATS for you mommies of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse lovers out there haha), went on a bear hunt, and the kids had hours of entertainment with a bottle of Elmers glue, leaves and pinecones making "woodland art". Melissa, that was the best ten cents ever spent! LOL!










It was so nice to have a bathroom, place to cook, sleep, etc. and yes, i even brought my laptop and did a little work while i was up there. I know. I know. I need me some technology.;)

Look at this child's hair after day 1 1/2 of camping, Crazy!:

Dirty kids. Tired kids. Mission accomplished. The end.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a ton of fun! We loved hangin in the camper with you and doing crafts! :) We need to make it a tradition! AND i really want to get those pics from you! so cute! thanks for taking them! :)

Grandma Babe said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the trailer, we knew you would! Looks like fun!

Natasha said...

Perfect. Sounds just perfect. I love the family shot at the beginning. Jared looks like he's in heaven!

Emily said...

Cute Cute Bran!!! Looks like you guys had fun!

Jules said...

HOW FUN! Glad it was a success!

Lesley said...

Love it! I am so jealous!

Sylvia said...

I still cant believe we were up there at the same time and didnt run into eachother! SHOOOT! Glad you had a fun time and got a camping trip in!

jessie said...

I cant believe you finally get a camper and decide to go camping and dont even invite ME! (your campinest friend of all!) Looks like you had fun though! i love Kam's hair! so cute! cant wait to see you too!