I only thought this day would come when pigs started flying! Here's what happened:
Sunday morning routine begins, get ready, iron clothes, get kids ready, head out for the 3-hour battle with a 20-month old. I think there is a time when some parents get to the point where you wonder as you sit out in the foyer almost the whole time "is it really worth it?" Let me just say...yes it is!
So, sacrament gets over and I ask Jared to walk Bray to Primary so I can take Kambree to Nursery. He says to me "why even bother?!" Let me just say, she has been in for 2 months now. And has screamed bloody murder everytime. Yes. To the point that the poor nursery leaders can't handle it anymore and deliver the red-faced sobbing sweetheart to us.
I try to prepare us all for another round.
The moment I open the door, Kam clings to me like glue. I sit her down for snacks and stay by her side. She cries a little until i remind her i am still there. (Waiting for that moment of escape.) After about 20 minutes, as they are coloring and she is sort of distracted, I sneak out. Don't know why I try to hard to sneak, she notices the second i am outside that door and it all begins. I try to comfort myself and head to be with Jared in Sunday school. We both sit there waiting for our little red faced sobbing princess to be brought in. Waiting...waiting....
Sunday school ends...no Kambree. I warn Jared as he heads to Priesthood "DO NOT GO IN THERE! DONT EVEN LOOK IN THE WINDOW! IF SHE SEES YOU, IT"S ALL OVER!"
SO, there i sit in Relief Society. Waiting...waiting. I made it through the WHOLE THING! I came to the conclusion that Jared must have went in and got her! Ohhh...he's in big trouble!
That's it..i can't take it anymore! I leave before the closing song to go and see what is going on. I peek my head in the window. THERE SHE IS! AND SHE IS PLAYING HAPPILY! I could not beleive my eyes! She made it the whole 2 hours! I was so excited! So, of course when i walk in to get her, she sees me and starts crying. But I don't even care because SHE DID IT! OH, what a glorious day at the Parry house! Now, that's not to say she didn't have bouts of crying. But with a peek-a-boo marshmallow game with the leader (thanks so much Malinda!) she made it through! OH HAPPY DAY!
And that my friends, is why i say...IT IS WORTH IT! Keep trying!
Sidenote: We only got Brayden to stay in class by himself about halfway through SUNBEAMS! SO, this is HUGE NEWS! :)







15 comments:
Oh happy day!!! I am so glad that she made it. It was hilarious (to me of course!) when Jared peeked in the door and Kambers started crying...even though you were right next to her! HAHA! Malinda told me after church that she warned you that Kambree might have marshmallow poop for the next couple of days, but hey, she stayed!!! Enjoy church now! WAHOO!
We have just started the fun stage where you can't go to class too. Austin has figured out that it is way more fun in the hall. I am now the nursery chorister so he went to nursery on Sunday too. Maybe it will help him to stay when he is old enough. Good job Kambers!
Yeah! Kambers! Oh Bran! My primary kids are making my hair fall out! Wow! I am have the special age group . . . apparently in our ward when you turn 4 you have a break down during sharing time and closing excercies, but are fine during class! Augh! I am glad she liked nursery! Wa-hoo! Go Kam!
Good for Kambree! That is so hard when all they want is mommy!
I hope next Sunday you can make it to ALL of Sunday School! haha! That is the best when you get to go all by yourself! Only 6 more months till I get to try putting Caleb in there!
Thanks for coming to his Birthday Party! You guys are truely fabulous friends!!!
My kids all have done pretty good going to nursey, but not always! Thats good, hopefully she keeps it up! I sat out in the hall this last sunday with Kinzlee for sunday school and made it...barely through RS. She will be the one who gives me trouble in nursey!!
I am cracking up because Levi will turn 3 in August and he just barely started staying in nursery. When our time changed at the new year, he stayed by himself for the first time. Daisy never flinched from the time I first dropped her off at 18 months. Each to their own! I miss you, by the way!
Of course we all love our babies but it is so awesome when they grow and develop. I am so glad Kam stayed in nursery. I hope it is a permanent thing. Thank you so much again for takin pictures for us.
those cute babies are getting so big. your doing an awesome job Brandi. We need to put together a Deke and Irene family reunion. There are so many of us and the kids are growing so fast. Oh yes congrats on potty training thats HUGE!!
They are so precious! That is a priceless picture! Brandi, you need to teach me some photography hints! I have two lenses, now I am wanting the bigger one! Hee hee.....
Yea! Kambers you are amazing. Can you talk to Maci? We will try again this week but you may need to do an intervention.
Good Job Kambree! I am STILL having trouble with Mason. They always bring him back to because he cries so hard that he throws up. Well he did the first time, so now whenever he starts crying they bring him right in to me. I've been trying to be consistent I've gotten to the point where I'll stay in w/ him 2nd hr and leave 3rd hr and he can handle that as of 2 weeks ago! YAY! PROGRESS!! Wish me luck Ü
I'm the loser that wishes my kids would be just a little sad when we dropped them off. They can't get us out of their class room fast enough. Be greatful that they love you so much!
Lucky for you! Everytime we go to take Quade to Nursery we end up staying to help cause they never have enough leaders! P.s. i love the birthday boy pics!
Post a Comment