CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Neighborhood


This post is mostly so my kids will remember how they spent their summer/fall evenings. These pictures depict what you will see if you turn up our street on any given evening. From the second Brayden walks in the door from school at 3:45, he grabs a snack and heads out to play with his friends. And Kambree follows suite. I love it. I am sad that it will be getting cold & dark. What are we going to do in the house everyday?:(
We are so lucky to live in such a great area. Our neighborhood is full of mostly little boys and a few little girls that love to play outside. A game of football. A ride on their bikes. A race down the street on scooters. Ring-Around-The-Rosies & hula hoops. All with an Otter Pop melting in their little hands. Moms sit out in someones yard holding babies and visiting. I watch your kids, you watch mine. I feed your kids, you feed mine. We all take care of each others kids who are all best friends and it's so much fun.
Brayden & Kambree, I hope you remember all the fun times outdoors playing with your friends. I hope you enjoy all that being a kid means. Popsicles, playing, friends, not a care in the world.
I love to sit out and watch you. I love your dirty faces, I love to hear you laugh as you race down the sidewalk at a speed too fast for mommy to like. I love that you have good friends with good families. I love that we live where we do. This is what being a kid is all about. These are times that I will remember forever. I hope you do too.








Kambree's best friends Jace & Brynley:



4 comments:

Emily said...

Brandi you are such a good momma! Your hubby and kids are VERY BLESSED . . . as are all of us who know you (and get to be related to you!!!) Ya melted my heart!

Lindsey R said...

This is the cutest post! When I look back on my childhood, the first thing I remember is how much we played outside and all the fun things we did.
Love all the pics too!

Natasha said...

AWESOME photos! Too many favs, but the first one tells a million stories. Why does it have to get darker earlier??? I HATE it! Feeding animals in the dark is no fun at all.

Anonymous said...

How fun for your little ones!!