We got ALL of this:
Books for .50 cents each, all in about perfect condition:
PLUS, a "special green purse" for Kambree, Little Tykes piano and See N Say for preschool, Bray a Spiderman motorcycle, a suitcase for Kam, a cute brand new looking baby boy coat (just in case ;)) and a cute little girl dress, and our 2 fave items:
Kam and I spotted this Minnie Mouse dress right when we walked in the store! I think I was as excited as she was! It looks brand new, is just her size and was $3! She LOVES Minnie Mouse and it totally goes with her beloved Minnie Mouse shoes that she wears EVERY SINGLE DAY: (old pic, they don't look like that anymore, LOL):

Then, I was so excited to find PICTIONARY! I keep seeing it at Wal-Mart and it was my familiy's FAVORITE game growing up. I remember playing it all the time with my aunt Diana and her fam and we always got laughing so hard! So, I opened it up to inspect and found this:
The pencils have not even been sharpened yet! I think they took off the plastic and put it all back in the box! SCORE! A brand new game of Pictionary for $2!!!!!
All in all we walked out of there spending $29. The cost of a new Pictionary game at Wal-Mart. I was pretty proud of us.:)
I decided the DI is a great place to take your kids shopping, even as a reward for something, because they can get a few things they want and it's still WAY CHEAP. Verses any other store where they want it all and they get nothing or one way cheap thing. And everything I bought looked seriously brand new! I always bring it home and wash and sanitize it. But then it is good as new! My kids don't know the diff, and i feel so good to have saved some moola!

After that, we went to the cheap movie. Kambree was free, so admission for 2 to Planet 51 =$4.00. Our popcorn and water costed more than our admission! So we enjoyed the movie and after it was over I asked Brayden, "did you have fun?" to which he said "yeah but I had more fun at the DI!" HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Totally cracked me up. I have to say I think I did too!







6 comments:
K...that makes me want to go to the D.I.! I haven't been there for like 10 yrs! I've never thought about it I guess. What great deals you got!
haha How fun!
I always have a hard time going into DI for some reason--I always leave feeling like I need to take a shower. haha. HOWEVER, I DO love the deals you can get there! They always seem to have great books! I think it's perfect you found a Minnie Mouse dress for Kambree! How perfect!
We took the kids to Planet 51 the other day too and they loved it. Isn't it funny how popcorn and treats cost more than the movie there? haha. It must keep them in business!
Yessss! Note to self: move somewhere that there is a DI!
How fun! I drema of going to the DI and finding furniture to refinish (I follow so many decorating blogs . . .) what a good Idea . . . I haven't been in the DI for YEARS! We just drop stuff off . . . sounds like a good cheap date Bran! Can't wait for Friday! I hope you are doing good! We are so excited for you!
I ♥ the DI I always find good stuff, my best find so far...A pair of Silver pants (light grey) with the tags on them for $5! The tag said they were 65. Sounds like you guys really scored :0)
You're such a good Mom :) I bet its so hard to entertain your kids so your hubby can sleep! Let me know if you ever need to get out, we should all start going to the park when it warms up!
Post a Comment