CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

TIME OUT FOR ME!

Me and Hilary Weeks:(yes, the highlight of my weekend!)

My best friends and I with Jill Manning. She gave a great talk about pornography. Wonderful job she did too!

Sandy, Me and Melissa and there's Hilary practicing at the piano way back there in the background. hehe.

Her performing:

Us girlies and her:

Us with speaker Emily Watts. She talked about parenting and it was great. She is also hilarious!

And all of us staff. If I had no responsibilties at home, I think I would convince Deseret Book to hire me to be on the permanent staff of TOFW and travel around the country with them. Seriously. I love it that much. What fun we had!

I had been looking forward to this weekend since last year when me and Melissa found out that TOFW was coming to ST. George she and I volunteered to help with the event and so were able to not only go for free but get to have fun jobs like...PICKING UP SOME OF THE PRESENTERS FROM THE AIRPORT! WHICH...at the time...included HILARY WEEKS! If you don't know of her, you should get to! She is the #1 LDS singer and so cute and funny! I got to see her at the Las Vegas TOFW last year and since then, have become a huge fan of hers. Her music is so inspirational to listen to, esp on those crazy days. And she is so real! So, Melissa and i were ECSTATIC to find out we were going to be able to actually drive her to her hotel! Well...the day before we found out that she would be driving down instead. OUCH! OH HOW SAD WERE WE! But we still were able to pick up some of the other presenters and they are all absolutely darling!
Finally the time to start had arrived! We got to go early and help and in doing so, we snuck up on stage to get our Hilary pics and give her the candy lai we made for her. She was so sweet and fun and we found yet another reason to love her....she digi-scraps! LOL! We told her about our nerdy computer group that gets together once a month to scrap and she said she wants to join! If only we lived up north...;). BUT we could definatley arrange one up there someday!:)
We also got pics with most of the other presenters as well. They all are so great and are so talented at speaking.FUNNY STORY: So we were to take Chieko Okazaki and Carolyn Rasmus (speakers) back to their hotel after the Friday night session. We got in my car and OOPS! I totally forgot I had been jammin to Hilary's new Christmas CD before and when I started the car it was BLARING at us! HAHAHA.... we all got a good laugh out of that one. They had just said they wanted to hear her new CD and then THERE IT WAS! Yeah, I totally got caught singing in my car! :)
What a great event and a great weekend! I loved all of their messages and the feeling I have when I leave. Only part i hate is when it's over! I guess I will be looking forward to next year! I believe all of us need a TIME OUT sometimes. And I definatley got mine.Thanks grandma and Jared for tending the kiddies so I could "recharge my batteries". Love you both!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I seriously had the time of my life! How are we ever going to go to another event and not have out "back stage passes" !?!?! I am so glad to have shared all of those experiences with you! I am going to cherish them forever! Love ya!

Rachel said...

I thought about you guys all weekend long! I knew you were having a great time! Oh....and get to meet Hilary?! LUCKY! I totally sing in the car too when I am all by myself! I am so glad you guys were able to go and help and have a "TIME OUT!" :) Love ya!

Sandy said...

So much fun! I'm so glad I got to help out and be with you girls :) It was an amazing weekend and definitely needed!

Emily said...

Bran you look SOOOOO excited! I am glad that you had fun and got to go!

Lindsey R said...

Good for you Bran! Sounds like you had an AMAZING time!!!