So the other night I am putting Kam in her crib. She has not been wanting to go to bed lately and throws a huge fit when i put her in. I turned around to turn on her music and when i turn back to her, I see her leaning over the rail and then starting to fall out! Head first! It is that slow motion moment when I scream and try to run and catch her...i barely break her fall a little bit but she still hit the ground. I panicked, she started crying and then Brayden ran in and panicked too. It was the worst feeling, i didn't know if she broke anything or worse...her neck! She landed right on her head. So after seeing that she was moving fine and everything, I picked her up and held her, trying to comfort all of us. Jared had just gone to work. It was horrifying. And yes, Brayden fell out too around the same age. SO...that is when it is DEFINATELY time for a bed.
Good for Kambree....bad for mommy.
It was all fun and games at first. But then when it was time for bed, she did not like it one bit. She kept getting up and running out. So, I layed by her for a while and then i got up and told her she needed to go to sleep and with that, she finally gave up and went to bed.
So,as i sit here and blog about my day, I realized it was quite a milestone day at our house. First day of Kindergarten for buddy, a new big girl bed for sissy...it's true what Darius says "they won't be like this for long..."
Oh, and check back soon for "Adventures in potty training!" (yep, we are giving it a go next week! Ahhhh!)







8 comments:
Oh man! I don't want the cribless day to come! She hasn't even tried to climb, knock on wood, so I may have a while! And p.s.....Maci isn't even close to potty training. Bug.
Oh wow...that was me just 2 months ago. Luckily Colby has been very good with the whole transition!
Now if I could just get the potty training thing down!
Yeah Kambree! Hey at least she finally did go to bed :) how is it a few days later? :) good luck potty training! I remember those cute tiny panties! I'll bet she loves hers! :)
This is sooo true! It's fun but bad at the same time. They can get OUT of bed, lol! She is such a cutie!
This is sooo true! It's fun but bad at the same time. They can get OUT of bed, lol! She is such a cutie!
I can't believe she is getting so big! Yay for a big girl bed!! And good luck with the potty training. I can't wait to train Grace!
Ha ha!!! So funny! What a big girl to have her own twin bed!!
I always hate moving them to a bed because it makes them seem so much older! I LOVE all your back-to-school pics! Brayden is too cute. So fill me in on 'getting preschool ready to go' What are you up to?
Post a Comment