CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

LOVE?

1st grade? Is that when it begins? I remember having my first crush in 2nd grade i guess. Well, no matter when, it definatley made my day when I found this crumpled up note in Brayden's hand one morning before school. Here's how that went:
Me: Whats in your hand?
Bray: Nothin (looking at the floor mumbling)
Me: you can show me
Bray: reluctantley opens his hand.
(From Brayden To Lauren)


( I love you Lauren Keaton does not like you anymore)

I read the little crumpled peice of paper. It took ALL I HAD to not laugh in front of him or give him a big sappy hug. I just said "oh that's cool, you gonna give it to her?"
"yeah" he said. Then i told him to have a good day at school and he headed out the door. THAT is when I totally was dying! my little brayden? 6 years old? Had a crush! I did not want to embarass him or he would not ever open up and talk to me about girls again. So, anytime we talk about Lauren, I have to keep it cool and casual. Maybe that's why he asked me not to tell Jared or his uncle Dan. Because they can tease pretty darn good. Jared did find out but I warned him to lay off the teasing.
For Christmas, he wanted to give her a present. So we headed to Target and scoured the dollar bins. We found a cute beanie and gloves (to which I sewed a cute flower on:), and he also picked out some Valentine looking heart stamps. His other love is the L.A.Lakers and he found out her family are fans too so when we saw a purple felt stocking, we knew we had to decorate it all gold glittery like and put her gifts inside. (I am so sad I totally spaced taking a pic of the final product. But he did a great job!) I called her mom and told her about his little crush and that Bray wanted to drop a little present by (to give her a little warning). So we headed over and she came bounding down the stairs with some of her friends that were over! (poor kid was SOOO embarassed! And friends make it even worse!) He looked at the floor and handed her the stocking and mumbled (I think) "Merry Christmas". After we left, I couldn't stop grinnig, it was just so sweet and funny at the same time. Later, her mom called and said Lauren liked the cute gift and said that brayden was really nice. I told Brayden this and he smiled.(DYING AGAIN!) A few days later, there was a knock at the door and Bray and his cousins came running out. It was Lauren and her sister with a big gift bag. She handed it to brayden and mumbled "Merry Christmas". brayden took it and walked around the corner to open it! haha. It was a very beloved Nerf bedroom basketball hoop. He told her thanks and they left. They immediatley hung it and have played it everyday ever since.
He still says that Lauren is his girlfriend (which still kills me cuz just a couple months ago girls had major cooties!) and I still just wanna laugh and hug him. But I still play it cool like its no big deal and Jared and I look at each other with smiling eyes. This one will go down in the record books. Brayden's First Crush.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

You are in big trouble girl with that handsome guy! What a little ladies man, so sweet! I LOVE it :)

Emily said...

Yeah Jared was a total pinhead growing up! I learned never tell say the names of any guys that I knew or liked! . . . he called one of my really good guy friends in 8th grade one night . . . the next day I went to school and the kid said "why did your brother call me to tell me you were in the shower last night?" Tell him not to ruin it for his own kiddles! Braydo is so sweet! Good luck!

Lindsey R said...

OMH! That is seriously the cutest thing I've ever heard. Jared and Michael are so much alike in how they like to tease.
Brayden is such a lil sweetheart! That note is just too dang cute!

Grandma Babe said...

Not ready for him to have a crush! However it is kind of cute :)You are too funny with your sewing the flower haha your a great mommy~

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! I love that you took the picture of him with the note! Good mama!

Anonymous said...

hahha! That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! What a little romeo!

jessie said...

how funny! im waiting to hear all about your vacay!!!