I am a little slow getting this posted (lack of sleep, 3 kids, etc..;) but here they are! It was a fun day for our family!
I got the call from the hospital to come in at 6:15 a.m. Our kids had been invited to stay with my SIL Julie's family for a sleepover, so they were snoozin at her house (thanks a million Julie!). Jared and I head to the hospital. Nervous. Scared. So excited!
I get hooked up to the pitocin and we sit and wait. Wait for the pain to begin, wait for the excitement and wait to meet our 3rd little baby!
I started to feel my contractions more than I like to,:), so i asked for an epidural. I must say, I am so thankful I live in these times that i have an option to ask for that! WHAT A RELIEF! Ahhh, now I can enjoy the labor and delivery experience!!
So, around 2 pm, Jared, me, my mom and my grandma are just hanging out. Waiting. I started to feel major pain on my left side, I guess the epidural liked my right side better. It was getting intense. My mom had the nurse come check me. Last time I was at a 6. If she said "still at a 6" or anything but "10!" I thought I just might deck her. Luckily, for her safety, she said "OH! That baby is ready to come! Let's call the doctor!" Oh I was never happier to hear words like that!
Before long, there appeard Dr.Thompson and I knew it was time! As our little baby was being delivered, Dr. T was holding him just before he came all the way out and told Jared "ok you get to announce what it is! Boy or girl??" And then one more push and "IT'S A BOY!" YAY! Born at 2:32 p.m. It was so much fun and so exciting and exhausting and just a bunch of emotions at once! The nurses layed him on me and he just layed there on me for a while as we got to meet each other for the first time. What an angel I was holding!
The nurses took him and cleaned and weighed him. 7 lbs 1 oz, just an ounce bigger than Brayden was. They gave him back to me all clean and swaddled, when that baby boy, no more than 20 minutes old, started looking for his first meal! He found it and latched on and ate like no other baby of mine! Jared and I just watched and were amazed at how he knew exactly what to do, even though he had never done it before. Amazing.
Feelin those contractions:
It's a BOY!:
Getting to meet my sweet little boy:
Proud grandparents :
My traditional burger and shake post-delivery meal! (Thanks dad!)
Dylan's first bath:
A moment that is burned into my mind:
One of the nurses asked us his name. "ummm..." I looked at Jared. As most of you know, we totally struggled to agree on a name. For 9 months we tried to find one, just one, that we both liked. Even as we were DRIVING to the hospital, we never could agree on one. So Jared suggested we wait for the kids to get there and we could all decide together.
So they arrived and finally got to meet their baby brother! Brayden had suggested Dylan a few days before and that is what he wanted. SO we took a little family vote and we all agreed! So Dylan Randy Parry it is!(Randy is after my dad).
Brayden is pretty proud that he named his baby brother.:)
Now Dylan is a week old and we have been settling in at home with our family of 5. Brayden has become the cutest, most proud big brother I have ever seen. He helps me and lovvveesss to hold Dylan. He is by his side all the time and just can't wait until he is old enough to play with him.
Kambree on the other hand...the princess has struggled a bit with a new baby taking some of our attention. She still calls him "she". "Mommy, she's so cute! She's hungry. She wants to wear my bows". But she is starting to catch on to calling him HE. She does love him though and she is getting better everyday about sharing some of our attention.:)
Coming to meet their new sibling:
One of my favorite pictures ever:
My parents and sweet grandmas:
Such a feeling of relief and excitement!:
Jared goes back to work tomorrow, so reality is starting to set in. It will be me and 3 kids alone while he's gone. I am hoping I can handle it all ok! We have had some really long nights, one good night and a little chaos at times. But as I hold him and smell him and he grabs my finger while he eats or grins at me (even if it gas), I am reminded of why I have babies. Because there is nothing in the world that compares to the whole experience of it all. It is so amazing and it goes by so fast. So, I have been treasuring every minute I have with this little newborn in my arms.
Welcome to the world Dylan! We love you so much!







12 comments:
Such a beautiful story it makes me almost want to cry. I am really excited for you to have a new member of your family. It is fun to see how your kids are adjusting and what sweethearts they are. We are excited to come visit him again. I hope your first day at home alone went well.
I love to hear birth stories! All the pictures are so fun too! He is darling and thier shirts are so cute!
He is adorable! I am so happy for your family! Don't you worry, you will do great with three! You will find your groove and it will be great. If you do figure out how to get a little nap here and there and have all three entertained (or asleep) let me know, I could never figure that out! Congratulations!!
He is SOOO handsome! Congrats! I love the shirts! So cute!
He is so cute! I'm so glad everything went well and you decided on a name :) Thanks for letting us come to the hospital to see you and sweet Dylan!
Look at you already blogging about it--I'm a month behind again!
Dylan is so adorable and I had so much fun holding him in the hospital! You look as great as ever--lucky!!!
If you need anything don't hesitate to call!
YES! You make such cute babies Bran! And I'm so glad everything went ok! And you look awesome post labor! Miss you!
Bran I can't wait to meet him!!!! You guys look so happy, let me know if you need anything:)
Sounds like it all went perfect! He is so adorable and I love the name..Good job Brayden! I love your tradition of a cheeseburger after delivery! I can't wait to come see you and meet him! I will give you some time and then call ya! Love ya!
We are so excited for you! 3 isn't too bad to get used to. It is lots of fun. He is so dang cute! It makes me sad that my baby is so big! We will just have to take Kambers and Bray lots so you can rest. Congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's beautiful!!! Kam and Bray are so cute looking at him!!! Let me know if you need Cafe Rio soon friend;0
I remember waiting all day long that day for your text to find out that your new little one had arrived. I am so happy for you guys! He is perfect! I love his name, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Jared introducing him to Brayden and Kam. Too perfect. You look absolutely fab. Let us know how you are holding up, and how he has grown and changed. CONGRATS!
Post a Comment